My TV doesn’t show a picture:
Picture not showing – Black Screen
- Ensure that both the TV and the DIRECTV receiver are powered on.
- Locate the original remote that came with the TV. If you can’t find the original remote, look for buttons on the TV.
- Locate the button called “Input” or “Source” or “A/V” or “Video” (The name on the button varies by TV brand)
- Press on the button found on your remote Press this button. Depending on your TV, it may cycle through available inputs or display a menu with a choice of inputs.
- If pressing the button brings up a new input, press this button slowly until the correct Input is found and the picture is displayed. Your desired input is almost always HDMI or Component
- If pressing the button brings up a menu of the available inputs, use the arrows to select the input you want. Then press on OK/Select to confirm your input choice.
- You should now see a picture on your screen.
- If nothing shows up on the screen, you may want to verify on the back of the TV that the cables are connected properly.
- You are looking for an HDMI, Coax cable, Component, composite or RCA cable that is snug into the correct slot.
- Trace the cable to the DIRECTV source. Either a DIRECTV receiver or a directly to wall plate.
- If the receiver has power you may have a bad receiver, or cable that is hooked up to the TV or bad port in the TV.